About Me :
I am currently working on my PhD in the area of "Hybrid Representation Learning" from the field of Statistics & Machine Learning at the Statistical Quality Control & Operations Research Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. My research interest lies in various topics of Statistics & Machine Learning (Pattern Recognition, Regression Analysis, Nonparametric Statistics, Asymptotic Theory, and Time Series Forecasting).
- Bachelor of Science (2010 - 2013) from Bidhannagar College, Kolkata, India.
- Master of Science (2014 - 2016) from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India.
- Doctor of Philosophy (2016 - 2020) from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India.
The institution I founded in 2013 for supporting students is popularly known as "Ctanujit Classes" (Link : www.ctanujit.in). I was involved there for teaching (both online and offline) Mathematics & Statistics for almost 5 years (2013 to 2018). Over 100 of my students got admission in various Bachelors' and Masters' courses at Indian Statistical Institute, Chennai Mathematical Institute, Indian Institute of Technology, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, and Delhi School of Economics.
But due to lack of time and full-time involvement in research works, I am not offering any private classes (both online and offline) from 2018. Please do not send me any request for private tuition via mail.
Work Experience :
I have worked as a Six-Sigma Green Belt Mentor at I.T.C. Limited on the following projects:
- Krofta Efficiency Improvement Problem in paper manufacturing process.
- Reduction in the variation of DM Water outlet pH" in I.T.C. paper company.
Awards & Scholarships :
- Indian Statistical Institute Scholarship for pursuing Masters' Degree from July 2014 to June 2016.
- Junior Research Fellowship Award by Indian Statistical Institute from July 2016 to June 2018.
- Senior Research Fellowship Award by Indian Statistical Institute from July 2018 to June 2020.
- B.G. Raghavendra Memorial Award (2017) for Best Paper at the 50th annual Convention of Operational Research Society of India (ORSI).
Favorite Quote :
My inspiration for studying 'Statistics' after higher secondary was Late Professor Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis (Father of Statistics in India and founder of Indian Statistical Institute). My favorite quote on 'Statistics' is as follows.
“Statistics as a Key Technology……Statistics is the universal tool of inductive inference, research in natural and social sciences, and technological applications. Statistics, therefore, must always have purpose, either in the pursuit of knowledge or in the promotion of human welfare. Statistical data may be required to solve problems of a practical nature or for purely scientific or theoretical investigations. Some of the data may be required for current use; some may have to be collected for future utilization. The point to be stressed, however, is that statistics must have some purpose, practical or theoretical, and for immediate or future use." - Professor P.C. Mahalanobis.
Photo Gallery :