Short Bio: Dr. Tanujit Chakraborty is an Assistant Professor of Statistics at Sorbonne University and Mphasis Fellow at the Center for Data Sciences, IIIT Bangalore. He completed his PhD in Hybrid Nonparametric Learning from Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), Kolkata, India. His research interests include Statistical Machine Learning, Time Series Forecasting, and Statistical Analysis of Networks. He held Visiting Faculty positions at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi and XIM University, Bhubaneswar, India. He had exposure to working as a consultant in various projects with ITC Limited and Bajaj Finserv Corporation.
Dec, 2022 - March, 2023 : Forecasting Consultant for Pharma Forecasting Tool Development, PharmaACE Analytics Private Limited.
Apr, 2021 onwards : Mphasis Fellow (PDF) at Centre for Data Sciences, International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore, India.
July, 2021 - October, 2021 : Guest Lecturer at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi, India. Teaching "Data Analytics" course for MBA (IB) 2020 - 2022 students.
June, 2021 - November, 2021 : Visiting Assistant Professor at School of Computer Science & Engineering, XIM University Bhubaneswar, India. Teaching "Causal Inference in Statistics" course for M.Tech in Data Science & Analytics 2020 - 2022 students.
Dec, 2020 - March, 2021 : Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIIT Delhi, India.
Dec, 2020 - Feb, 2021 : Statistical Consultant for Data Science Consulting Assignment at BIU - Advanced Analytics, Bajaj Finance Limited.
Academic Qualifications :
July, 2016 - Nov, 2020 : Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India.
Thesis Title : Some Nonparametric Hybrid Predictive Models : Asymptotic Properties and Applications (Download Link | Talk Slides)
July, 2014 - June, 2016 : Master of Science (M.S.) from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India.
Master's Project: Statistical Methodology for Process Efficiency Improvement in Paper Manufacturing at ITC Limited, Tribeni, India.
July, 2010 - May, 2013 : Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) from Bidhannagar College, West Bengal State University (WBSU), West Bengal, India.
Subjects : Statistics (Honours), Mathematics, Physics.
2010 : Higher Secondary Examination (H.S.) from Mulajore Sitanath Pathsala, West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE). Subjects : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Bengali.
2008 : Secondary Examination from Bhatpara Amar Krishna Pathsala, West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE).
Subjects : Mathematics, Physical Science, Life Science, Geography, History, English, Bengali.
Awards and Grants :
- Recipient of Mphasis Research Grant in Cognitive Computing (May, 2021 - April, 2024); Role: Co-PI, Funding: 3 million INR.
- Offered Narayanan Family Foundation Fellowship in AI for Social Good (NF3 Fellowship) at Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI), Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Did not avail).
- Selected for Postdoctoral Fellowship Position offered by National University of Singapore (NUS) and City University of Hong Kong.
- Best Paper Award Winner at ACM IKDD (CODS-COMAD) in Jan, 2021.
- Best Student Paper Award (Application Category) at 52nd Annual Convention of ORSI & International Conference held at IIM Ahmedabad in December 2019.
- B.G. Raghavendra Memorial Award for Best Paper (Application Category) from Operational Research Society of India (ORSI) in December 2017.
- Junior & Senior Research Fellowship Award from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata from July 2016 to November 2020.
Refereed for Journals:
- I have worked as a reviewer for the following Journals (Multiple Papers for some of the Journals): SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems (SIADS), IEEE TNNLS, Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Journal of Applied Statistics, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Expert Systems with Applications, Scientific Reports, Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, Computational Economics, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence (EAAI), IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, PLOS Digital Medicine, Evolutionary Intelligence, Neuroscience Informatics, Sankhya Series A, Opsearch, Sadhana, Heliyon, Tropical Medicine and International Health, Economies, Clinical Epidemiology, Frontiers in Medicine.
- Member of the Programme Committee for ICMLA 2021, ICMLA 2022, ICMLA 2023.
- Editorial Board Member for Frontiers in Epidemiology.
Photo Gallery :